I was using Magento 1.4.1 and upgrade gracefully to 1.4.2. After testing if the upgrade was Ok, I made some modification in order to have a new home page layout for a store using these instruction. The modifications have been tested on a local version (Ubuntu 10.04, php 5.3.2), and worked great.
When I upload the files to the pre-prod server (Centos 5.5, php 5.2.14), and access the
System->Configuration->design tab in the admin backend, my browser seems to keep loading indefinitly.
What I have done:
- I copied the
app/code/core/Mage/Page/*directory to the
- I created the app/etc/modules/Mage_Page.xml, and defined the codePool to local;
What I have already checked:
- I got no errors in
- I got no errors in magento’s
- The frontend works fine;
- The backend can be accessed, except the
- I tried to revert my modifications to a revision before the modification were made (using svn);
- I cleaned up the cache using
rm -fr var/cache/mage* var/session/*directly on the server;
- I restarted the server multiple time;
- I even tried to get a dump of the db in production on the preprod server, with no effect. I still got the same issue.
If someone could point out anything I could have forgot.
I am ready to try anything to make it work, since it would not affect the production server for now.